Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Glitter Nails!

I am so happy that I wasted valuable space and weight in our luggage coming down to Grenada on.... nail polish.

Today is the big Carnival parade here in Grenada & I am so overly excited to see all the costumes and the general craziness that will be going on!
I was trying to decide what to wear to the parade.... keep in mind that it is literally 100 degrees here with probably 100% humidity AND we're only 12 degrees north of the equator. the.sun.is.melting.
I also didn't have the hundreds of dollars it costs for an actual carnival costume and my husband won't be happy if I show up in a bikini with feathers I've sewn on myself..... :)

So it's a couple hours away and I have no clue what I'll wear... probably shorts and a tank top. again.
but at least I'll have festive nails!!!

IMG_6291
see how blue that sky is?! no cloud cover. it's an spf 10000 day.
IMG_6294

to do this I started with bare nails.
I painted the tips pink (use any color)  Don't worry about it being even, you just want a darker base for the glitter so you can gradually lighten up.
I then painted over it with glitter polish, heavy on the tips and dragging the brush lightly towards my nail bed.
I sealed it with a clear coat and admired my super girly, sparkly nails.

Happy Carnival Day!! pictures to come!



4 comments:

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

Girl... I wasn't looking at the sky because I was looking at the ROCK on your hand. I LOVE your rings. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

I like the gradient of glitter! What a fun idea! They look so cute! I have a party going on over at my blog if you want to join! I'd love to have you! Check it out under the "Stache Party" page on my blog: mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com

kimberly @ lush lounge said...

Those are sooo cute!!!! I am definitely trying that!! :)

Amanda said...

Sierra and Livi would love this! Pink wouldn't be Sierra's first choice though, lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...