Thursday, August 25, 2011

Baby Shower Gift

One of our good friends is expecting a baby almost any day now!
She is a brave woman; not only is she IN  medical school but she is also delivering her baby IN Grenada.
Some friends got together and threw her a baby shower... island style.

For the gift I found an idea on pinterest.
Source: cricut.com via Jamie on Pinterest

I had to get creative with it, because after all, I am in Grenada.  Not only are baby blankets expensive, but they'd probably not use it here.... so I found a Grenada flag to use!  This baby will be a dual citizen after-all!

I loved this alternative to the diaper cake!  The diapers that weren't able to fit in the pouch I put in a gift bag.

Island cake!
tissue paper flowers are the ultimate easiest/pretty decor for a party

Now I am off to tackle the MOUNTAIN of laundry we have accumulated. boo




3 comments:

Amanda C. said...

What a cute idea. I think diaper cakes are great because you can never have too many diapers.

Unknown said...

Aw, that is such a great idea! I will have to keep that in mind!

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

This is adorable! What a great idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...