Tuesday, July 12, 2011

decorating with beach finds #4

I am constantly collecting shells here in Grenada.
but what do you do with them all? 
make art of course.

I started with another piece of wood I found on the side of the road (lots of wood lying around here evidently)
IMG_5499

Then a collection of random shells in various sizes and colors
IMG_5500

Then armed with a hot glue gun I created a heart out of the shells.
IMG_5506

and finished it off with some twine wrapped around the edges to frame it.
IMG_5503
it is not perfectly square and I like that about it, so I used to  twine border to emphasize it.


want some more shell projects?
shell windchime
shell display 
conch shell planters 

Linking up with :
The DIY Showoff
Craft Confessions 
Tip Junkie
Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug blessings 
Take a look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts
Funky Polkadot Giraffe 
Reasons to skip the housework
Coastal Charm 
Christina's Adventures


6 comments:

Lauren said...

That's so cute! I'm a new follower! :) I love your blog! What part of Ohio are you from?! That's where I live!

Mindy @ Heart Maine Home said...

This is so freakin' adorable! I looove collecting and decorating with shells. I may have to try this one! Thanks for sharing!

Sonishka: Far and Away said...

Hi Kelsey, I found you at Comment love day. Nice blog! I love your shell heart, what a great idea ;-)

Christina said...

so sweet! I really like that twine border too!

Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

This is great, I love the use of found items and the addition of the twine. Very creative and pretty! (Lots of randomness along the roads here in Curacao, too!)

Crafts a la Mode said...

nice. My daughter has a beachy decorated cottage and we are going to try to do this project. Thanks a lot. linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...