Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Polishing Sea Glass

My stockpile of sea glass was looking a little cloudy so I went to the internet to find out how to "polish" it and found that it's pretty darn simple.
Vegetable oil and an old rag is all you need!
It turns white-ish because of the salt that is still on the glass, but the oil removes it and lets the true color show!
I think sea glass is more and more beautiful every single day.

IMG_1495
Before

IMG_1496
After!
IMG_1497
These are all the colors I've found so far... still on the hunt for something red or pink!

Here are a few projects I've done lately with my sea glass, the easiest being my new ring.
I found out that my finger is exactly the size of a pop or beer bottle top.  amazing!

IMG_1439

A necklace!
IMG_1746

IMG_1741

And a new wind chime!

IMG_1757

IMG_1756


it sounds so beautiful! 
I'm thinking about doubling the size of it... and I'm searching for an awesome piece of driftwood to attach it to!


Are you guys sick of my beachy/summery posts??
I only have 2 months left on this gorgeous island... and then I'll be posting all about winter and snow. trust.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

You're living in a summery, beacy paradise right now... I'm not. I want to live vicariously through you! Keep the posts up!

C said...

I love your posts. =)You're so damn creative!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that we are missing yet ANOTHER beautiful fall. :( It will have been three years since I have not seen fall by the time I get home again. Where I'm at on this planet is nowhere near tropical like you are experiencing. I must say, I am slightly jealous. Everyday I leave the house with some kind of jacket on... it's perpetually chilly here. But, not fall weather-ish. Poo.

I love the beach glass. Seriously. It's one of my favorite things to do on the beach collecting "worthless" treasure. It is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

oops it's me Trevor :)

Simsim said...

I found 4 bottle tops this weekend and I thought "well, I'll pick them up but god knows what for.." and now I have some inspiration!!
Thanks from England! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...