Friday, April 1, 2011

decorating with beach finds #2

One day exploring our neighborhood I found this old blue metal dish in a ditch.  I instantly grabbed it up and my husband told me to put it down, I wasn't bringing any more junk home, besides it was rusted and had a hole it in.
Oh ye of little vision.
It would obviously make for a perfect display of some of my favorite beach finds!
so glad I don't listen to him.

P3241988


IMG_2358

these are my newest finds of the week!! eeek! a tiny baby starfish. so sorry he died (I swear I found it dead) but won't he look beautiful somewhere in my house!

5 comments:

Cherie@Accessoire said...

Kelsey, I just love the colors in this bowl. Your instincts to get that rusted bowl were right! Love the shells and starfish...

Have a great weekend!

Chronicles of a sweet tooth said...

I love this! Great inspiration.

Just stopping by on Weekend Wander!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely blog, following you via FTLOB. :)

angie on maui said...

Hello! New follower here, visiting you from WW. I read this post and had to laugh because these words:

"...my husband told me to put it down, I wasn't bringing any more junk home, besides it was rusted and had a hole it in."

are words I hear my own husband say time and again! :) I'm always collecting little "souvenirs" from the beach (sea glass, shells, driftwood, rocks) and it drives him nuts because my collection is kind of out of control!

Awesome blue dish, by the way...your beach finds look amazing displayed in it! And personally, I think the age and rust make the dish that much more beautiful!

It's nice to meet you...I'm looking forward to reading along on this pretty blog of yours and learning more about your life in Grenada!

Aloha,
Angie

b. lee said...

gorgeous rustic dish!!! love ur seashore treasure * *

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...