Sunday, May 15, 2011

Art class with kids: recycling art

At the Montessori School this week we made shadowboxes out of cereal boxes and magazine scraps.
I had so much fun making my demonstration box that I want to keep it!
only problem is, like I've mentioned I live in 300sq feet and it is filling up with "art projects" :/


What you do is cut a square out of the front of a cereal box to make the frame for your shadow box.
Then on the piece of cardboard that you cut out you start gluing magazine scraps to make a scene. I think it looks better when some of the pieces stick out to make it look 3D, like the grass.
An underwater scene would be awesome don't you think?
and it's a free, recyclable craft you can do with your kids :)

Keeping It Simple


Amber said...

Oh my gosh I want that! Seriously I bet you could sell that it's so cute!

Urska M. said...

What a cute & eco project to make <3 the result is uber lovely! Will try to keep my lil cousin busy with this sooner or later. Btw, you should keep it girl - worth the space :)

- Urska @

Rachel at Sun Scholars said...

I LOVE this! What a fun project and piece of art!

I would love to have you share this at my For the Kids link party! Come join the fun!

Rachel at Sun Scholars said...

Thanks for sharing it at For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars! You have been featured this week! Stop by and grab an A++ button for your page, and link up again for another week of fun!

Anonymous said...

Recycling helps the earth because it could save animals, it could save birds, puppies and all kinds of them. A lot of the animals that recycling helps to save are the ocean animals. There are a lot of animals in the ocean that mistake trash for food. They're eating things that we could be recycling. Check out this video:

jeanielizzie said...

I am inspired! My apt is 375 sf and I am glad to know I'm not alone in this situation! I love making examples for kids' projects but something has to change; I have a lot of my personal possessions in storage : ) Hope to find a larger apt this summer so I can take full advantage of my ideas, especially recycling stuff into art. thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...