Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Saturday night we had a little Halloween Party with friends {and watched Hocus Pocus} and it was awesome!!
Everyone got so creative with their costumes because we're in Grenada with not many resources! 
We did a little "fashion show" before voting for the awards.  It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life.  Everyone acted out their roles perfectly!  I was laughing hysterically the entire time!  I'm so glad I've made such nice friends in Grenada.  It was a wonderful, drama free night... and with about 25 women in one room that is an accomplishment!


As for my costume....
I was............
a......

Mermaid!!
what else would I be?!

 My pictures are all dependent upon my friends (and sadly I didn't get a picture of my awesome make-up job if I do say so myself... I had a cool design coming from one eye. but whatever) So thank you everyone  for taking a couple shots for me!! 

 My hair piece was sea shells and the packaging from my fruits and vegetables from the grocery!  Thanks Grenada for using bright colors to sell your limes :)

My tail! I painted several sheets of paper with water colors in lots of different colors and then cut it out in the shape of a scale & glued it down on cardboard!
and the shoes I made!

And this is a pretty good shot of my bra, haha!  It is a regular bra with sea shells glued all over!!







Thanks everyone who came!! It was so much fun!!!




2 comments:

Emily said...

I love it! Wow, you put a lot of time and effort into that costume, and it's beautiful! I love the seashell bra and the tail!

And whoever is the bunch of grapes in that group picture, that's such an awesome idea!

Lea Liz said...

I love your costume!! I am just now seeing this..
Prettiest mermaid ever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...