Monday, October 3, 2011

Newlyweds Bliss: Where the honeymoon doesn't have to end.

I am so excited to be a part of an awesome new blog - Newlyweds Bliss.
I was approached by my blogging friend Emily from Scribbles from Emily to be a contributor to this blog and share some of my words of wisdom about the first few years of marriage.
Me?  Words of wisdom about marriage?  
I guess I do have some insight on the whole moving across the world thing.... and other women who never, ever see their husbands could probably relate to our hectic schedule... and in a few months unfortunately I'll know all about having a long distance marriage.
And if anyone needs some tips for thrifty, crafty, decorative living - I'm their girl.
The first 2 years of marriage for Lee and I has been a time of learning - about one another, about what really matters, and about our purpose in Christ.  Thankfully these lessons have only made us fall more in love and has made me truly appreciate him and the commitment we made... being married is the real deal.

What I love about this new blog is that it is 3 women with a heart for God, sharing personal experiences with the intention of uplifting other women and strengthening marriages... not gossiping, not just sharing craft ideas, and not boasting about our own perfect families.
We pick up where some other websites stop, after the official honeymoon.

My Dad has this saying he asks us {me and my 4 siblings} all the time before we hang up the phone... "still on the honeymoon?".  It used to make me uncomfortable when I was a teenager, Dad asking people about that?!  But then as I got older, even before marriage, I began to appreciate the fact that my parents and my siblings would respond with a "yes!" haha.  I learned that there is a whole lot more that goes into the "honeymoon" phase.

I thought it was so appropriate and funny when Emily chose the tagline
Newlyweds Bliss: Where the honeymoon doesn't have to end.

Because it doesn't.  Don't even let medical school get in the way.

go check out Newlyweds Bliss, today is the official launch! And there is a giveaway!



4 comments:

Catching Up With The Connolly's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catching Up With The Connolly's said...

Why will you and Lee be doing the long distance thing in a few months?

SheDan said...

ooooh! This new blog sounds like a great idea! Checking it out.

viviene said...

It's so glad to meet you! =D

I visited the blog and I am sure there are so many many things to learn from you!

Your sister in Christ,
Viviene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...