Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Peek Into Baby Coghill's Nursery

Baby Coghill and I are continuing to grow and things are going amazingly well! If the rest of my pregnancy goes as well as the first 33 weeks we may be having a lot of Coghill babies in the future :)
If you're interested in our progress you can follow along with my other blog!

 Here is a look into his room, not a final product, as there are still things we need and some more organization needs to be done, but I couldn't wait to share our progress!
Just a reminder that this is a temporary room as we'll only be living in this apartment until about the 1st of June so our little one will not even remember his first room... but that's ok, onward to new adventures!
Baby Coghill is sharing his room with the spare bed (not pictured) and his daddy's desk and musical instrument collection (which now includes an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar, a banjo, and a ukulele) so he ended up with about one wall of space... but it worked out fine! Good thing we chose the smaller bedroom for our room - the "spare" room now serves many many functions!



Remember my yarn bombed rocking chair?  I posted about it here! 

This baby must be pretty special if I'm willing to pass on my stuffed lion to him... :)

The mobile I made with clearance party decorations from Target and the inner hoop of an embroidery hoop.


This personalized sock monkey was handmade by my mom! Isn't he adorable! 

Don't mind the piles of stuff on top of the changing table!  We didn't have the pad yet and so all of the miscellaneous stuff I don't know what to do with yet is there... I think we'll be getting some boxes or something to put under the crib for extra storage. 

I did a post about this canvas several weeks ago - read about how I did it here! 

I obviously love vintage toys!  See my post about some of my collection here.
See my paddle in the corner?  Lee makes fun of me for it, but I found it at a yard sale and someday I'm going to hang it on the wall... but for now it's just in the corner and looks cool, if I do say so myself. 


I saw this little lion on pinterest as a vinyl wall decal so I decided to copy it and paint my little one his own version.  Lions are my favorite! 
On the right is a drum I got Lee for Christmas - baby's first drum so Daddy can teach him everything he knows about making lots of noise. 

The little giraffe on the left was a gift from my sister - she got it in Korea! 
And Baby Coghill's name is going to be written out in blocks on top of these Golden Books..... when he has a name :) 



Please note we're on the lookout for all the little barnyard animals to go with our barn!!  If you see them in a thrift store or at a yard sale get them for me!  Or if you have them already and don't want them..... I'll gladly take them off your hands.  Our poor baby currently only has the barn. boo 

Also getting a little obsessed with the alphabet.... need to stop before his whole room is a bunch of letters! 

A few of my favorite things - but you're asking what isn't my favorite, right?
This map puzzle I got at a thrift store for $2!  I was entirely too excited.
The bus my sister-in-law Mahima found for me, but there is a long story that involves Lee and I going to a estate sale months ago and me wanting this exact bus, but passing on it because I thought it was too expensive.  Then as we were about to leave we found out that everything in the house was 50% off!  I ran back upstairs to get my bus and some woman was carrying it to the checkout.
I was sad about it for days, seriously.
Then Mahima without even knowing the story bought it for us!  :)

These are vintage flash cards I found recently at Salvation Army, I love the pictures and the things they say!
These are hanging over the spare bed, which the day of the photo shoot was covered in stuff and not ready to be photographed :) 


And finally, and albeit a little random is this bike wheel I found in the trash one day turned into a sort of bulletin board for some of my favorite cards we've received.  My friend Lauren made the card on the right that says "oh boy" and it inspired me to do a water color of the "hello little one" on the left.
This is above Lee's desk. 


So there you have it.  Our progress thus far, still room for improvements and organization :)




1 comment:

Amber said...

Kelsey this looks AMAZING! Best baby nursery EVER!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...