Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11th Remembrance

I think Alan Jackson perfectly captured the emotions of 9/11.
I relate so much to the lyrics of this song.
I was full of fear, sadness, confusion, and yet my heart was bursting with pride for America and our resolve. 
I can't listen to it without crying and all the coverage on TV is a little over-whelming... I want to make sure I never forget the emotions of that time 10 years ago, the sacrifice, and the unity that was brought up from the tragedy, but I don't want to relive it. 
I think that we were all changed a little bit that day and I pray that God continues to watch over the families of the victims, helps them to heal, and God bless America. 





2 comments:

Amanda C. said...

That song got it right. Everything changed that day.

Marisa said...

This was the first thing I thought of when I woke up in the morning on the 10th anniversary.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...